Monday, December 14, 2009

Famelab...When 3 Minutes Mean a lot..!




If u ask ppl how what significant thing they can do in 3 minutes ,...most of them would say 3 minutes are not enough..!!
They wouldn't imagine that they can do a lot of things like gaining knowledge, helping ppl learn or even having fun i just 3 minutes,..just like the many 3 minutes they spend in washing their faces , waiting for buses, surfing the internet, chatting with a friend , arguing about a football match , shopping at any mall,... to the end of the useful & trivial daily activities.

BUT, It's true that some 3 minutes are totally different from their counterparts, & that's what I realized last Saturday (12/12/2009) in the qualifying round of Famelab contest where I enjoyed the experience as a contestant & also as an audience.

Simply, Famelab is a contest which started in UK & as they describe it , it's "to take science out of the classroom and make it fun, and to encourage young people with a passion for science and technology to share their enthusiasm and knowledge with the general public in an interesting and entertaining way"
And the 3 minutes was the time given for each contestant to present a topic & impress the judges.

This year it came to Egypt, I was really interested about the idea when I first read about it & I decided that I have to give it a shot.
I picked a topic & began to dig deeper in it & prepared with a lot of enthusiasm to my presentation. When the day came & I went there I found the number of contestants more than I expected coz we r not used to such events in Egypt, so it was really amazing to find all those ppl are interested in the issue & keen to participate.

For 52 successive presentations in a long long day, I was really impressed & had much fun. When my turn came I was excited ,.. I did well & had +ve feedback on some points & comments on others to work on later.
I was not qualified to the final round, though I felt good coz I worked hard & I was good but sure others were excellent & deserved to go to the next round. I also felt good coz the whole day was interesting & refreshing & regardless of the result we were all winners coz we had a beneficial day & specifically 52 precious 3 minutes, to find out that 3 minutes can really mean alot.. !!


No comments: